Think Geisler Pender Consulting Engineers + RLG is the place for you?
CIVIL ENGINEERING SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER (FULL OR PART-TIME)
The Senior Project Engineer’s main job responsibilities include providing technical expertise in design, design
calculations, drawing preparation, and submission of engineering documents. The individual is required to work on multiple assignments with overlapping schedules and needs to be able to multi-task to accomplish all tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• PE license or plans to take the PE exam in the next 6 months
• Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Master design and drafting software.
• Communication - The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing internally and externally.
• Comprehension - The ability to listen, understand and retain information and ideas presented verbally and in writing.
• Attention to Detail – The ability to enter, transcribe, record, store and maintain data accurately.
• Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities under deadlines.
• Perform engineering tasks under minimal supervision, and solve engineering problems using experience, judgment and education.
• Master concepts of the company’s standards and design practices and is expected to assist in the development of Project Engineers.
• Master design and drafting software to create engineering documents.
• Attend site visits prior to beginning design and through construction completion with your supervisor.
• The ability to prepare a full set of construction documents for supervisor to review, with limited supervision.
• Attend client meetings for assigned projects and develop relationships with the clients and design team.
• Attend review meetings with clients, consultants and/or city staff and become familiar with plan coordination process.
• Prepare and/or modify technical reports and specifications.
• A general knowledge of code and permitting requirements for projects.
• Assist other staff members and teach them how to become a productive team member.
• Establish themselves as a leader within the team.
• Work towards becoming a Project Manager while mastering site design skills.